NewTek missed the scheduled release date of July 15th but looks like we are on the verge of customer units shipping. Early production units are currently shipping as demo units to dealers (Digital Arts should have one very soon) and shipments to end users should commence in a matter of weeks.
The TCXD850 will ship with lots of new features beyond what was demoed at NAB take a look at this for more detail see the Feature Update PDF. But some highlights:
- Frame Buffers for virtual inputs and overlay channels. Now each of these sources can have their own still store/titler. This effectively adds ten still/titling modules to the existing sources independent of the media players.
- The 'video output formerly known as Video Output 3' has been renamed AUX, can now be freely assigned to Program Out, Program without overlays, preview row, effects row any fra,e buffer or any camera input.
- Optional Aux output recording
- Alpha Channel Input support
- Livematte 3.0 with independent crop
- Native 1080P support